For the young B.C. piper looking for an opportunity to play his or her pipes full time, get paid for it and experience the history and tradition of the Nation’s Capital, this is a great opportunity. As the notice from the Canadian Armed Forces indicates, the application deadline for next year’s positions close on Friday (Nov 4) so if you are interested, you’ll need to act fast.Â Here are the details and contact information from P.M. Alan Clark.
The Canadian Armed Forces is accepting applications and will be holding auditions starting mid November 2011 for the position of Pipers and Drummers for the Ceremonial Guard Ottawa.Â Applications should be submitted soon in order for us to organize an audition in your location.
****Application Deadline is 4 NOVEMBER 2011 ****
More information on recruiting can be found on the website but here are some of the things pipers and drummers are involved in as part of the guard.
- Daily Changing of the Guard on Parliament Hill Ottawa
- Hourly Sentry postings at Rideau Hall (home of Governor General) and at the National War Memorial in Ottawa
- Ceremonies for State visits, and other events in the Nations Capital
An opportunity to be employed full time from mid April until end August. (this amounts to aprox. $12,000.00 CAD)
Instruments will be provided (McCallum AB2, HTS800),
Transportation, uniforms, meals and accommodation are also provided.
Rates of pay can be found on our website.
Canadian Forces Reserve Soldiers are eligible for benefits, such as;
– Education reimbursement up to $2000 per year
– Full time summer employment / part time winter employment with a local Reserve Highland Regiment
For further details please contact
Pipe Major (Master Warrant Officer) Alan B. Clark, CD
Tel: (613) 990-1545 or 1-877-858-3205